CHICAGO, Feb. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today announced plans to launch daily nonstop service between its hub at Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) and Sarasota, Fla. (SRQ) effective Nov. 4, 2012.
The once-daily service will operate using Boeing 737-800 aircraft with 154 seats -- 16 in United First, 48 in Economy Plus and 90 in Economy.
"This new route complements United's existing service between Chicago and eight other cities in Florida," said Martin Kammerman, United's senior manager of new markets and analysis. "In addition to providing Midwest travelers with easy access to Florida's southwest Gulf coast, this new service will give travelers from the Sarasota- Bradenton area convenient connections to United's global network from our Chicago hub."
United offers Chicago customers more than 600 nonstop flights each day to more than 150 destinations worldwide, dozens more flight and destination options than any other airline.About United Continental Holdings, Inc. United Continental Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: UAL) is the holding company for both United Airlines and Continental Airlines. Together with United Express, Continental Express and Continental Connection, these airlines operate an average of 5,656 flights a day to 376 airports on six continents from their hubs in Chicago, Cleveland, Denver, Guam, Houston, Los Angeles, New York/Newark Liberty, San Francisco, Tokyo and Washington, D.C. United and Continental are members of Star Alliance, which offers more than 21,000 daily flights to 1,290 airports in 189 countries. United and Continental's more than 80,000 employees reside in every U.S. state and in many countries around the world. For more information about United Continental Holdings, Inc., go to UnitedContinentalHoldings.com. For more information about the airlines, see united.com and continental.com or follow United on Twitter and Facebook. SOURCE United Continental Holdings, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV