Bank of America Merrill Lynch won six awards in Global Finance magazine’s annual World’s Best Investment Bank Awards for 2012. The firm won Best Global Debt Bank, Best Equity Bank in North America and Latin America, and Best Debt Bank in North America, among others.
The award for Best Global Debt Bank was given to BofA Merrill due to the success that the debt platform has experienced over the past year. “Our firm has been at the forefront globally for both investment grade and high-yield debt – leading some of the most creative, innovative and complex transactions,” noted Alastair Borthwick, co-head of Global Capital Markets.
Additionally, BofA Merrill took home the unique combination of Best Debt Bank in North America and Best Equity Bank in North America. Both the debt and equity teams were the leaders in their respective markets, leading the most relevant transactions and showcasing dominance across all sectors last year. “This recognition is a further tangible example of the innovation, creativity and thought leadership our franchise delivers to clients,” commented Lisa Carnoy, co-head of Global Capital Markets. She added that the firm’s success “has been a true team effort and is largely a product of immense focus in the face of highly challenging market conditions.”
The firm also distinguished itself from its competitors by leading landmark Latin American equity offerings in 2011, winning Best Equity Bank in Latin America for the second consecutive year. The team demonstrated underwriting and IPO dominance and led the three largest IPOs of the year in the region.BofA Merrill also took home deal-specific awards for Best Equity Deal and Best Debt Deal. The full list of awards follows:
- Best Global Debt Bank.
- Best Equity Bank in North America.
- Best Debt Bank in North America.
- Best Equity Bank in Latin America.
- Best Equity Deal – Mining company Glencore International of Switzerland raised $10.05 billion in an IPO in May 2011. BofA Merrill acted as a global bookrunner.
- Best Debt Deal – Nationwide Building Society issued $19.97 billion in mortgage-backed securities in October 2011. BofA Merrill acted as a lead manager.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts