Idera Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: IDRA) today announced that Nicola La Monica, Ph.D., Vice President of Biology at Idera, will present at the Cancer Immunotherapy Summit on February 28, 2012, at 2:30 pm ET in Boston, MA. Dr. La Monica, in an oral presentation entitled “TLR Modulation for Immunotherapy of Cancer”, will provide an overview of Idera’s oncology program using agonists of Toll-like receptors (TLRs). Idera’s TLR agonist candidates modulate receptor-mediated immune responses and are being studied as immune modifiers in the potential therapy of cancer.
Idera has developed a portfolio of TLR agonists for the treatment of various cancer indications both in combination with targeted agents as well as for use as vaccine adjuvants. Idera’s portfolio includes:
- IMO-2055, a TLR9 agonist – Idera recently announced positive from a Phase 1b results of IMO-2055 in combination with Tarceva® and Avastin® in patients with advanced non-small cell lung cancer. Results from a Phase 2 study of IMO-2055 in combination with Erbitux® for the treatment of squamous cell cancer of the head and neck are expected in the second quarter of 2012
- TLR 7,8 and 9 agonists – Idera recently announced that Merck has selected several novel TLR agonists targeted to TLR7, TLR8 or TLR9 for evaluation and use as vaccine adjuvant candidates under the companies' collaboration and license agreement
- IMO-4200 – Idera-4200 is a dual agonist of TLR7 and 8. Idera has conducted preclinical studies of IMO-4200 for hematological malignancies
- TLR3 agonists – Idera has identified novel TLR3 agonists for potential use as adjuvants in combination with cancer vaccines
About Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Idera Pharmaceuticals applies its proprietary Toll-like Receptor (TLR) drug discovery platform to create immunomodulatory drug candidates. The Company's TLR-targeted candidates are being developed to treat autoimmune and inflammatory diseases and cancer, and for use as vaccine adjuvants. Additionally, the Company is advancing its gene-silencing oligonucleotide (GSO) technology for the purpose of inhibiting the expression of disease-promoting genes. For more information, visit http://www.iderapharma.com.Idera Forward Looking Statements This press release contains forward-looking statements concerning Idera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. For this purpose, any statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact may be deemed to be forward-looking statements. Without limiting the foregoing, the words "believes," "anticipates," "plans," "expects," "estimates," "intends," "should," "could," "will," "may," and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. There are a number of important factors that could cause Idera's actual results to differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements, including whether early clinical results such as the results described in this release will be indicative of results obtained in later clinical trials; whether products based on Idera's technology will advance into or through the clinical trial process on a timely basis or at all and receive approval from the United States Food and Drug Administration or equivalent foreign regulatory agencies; whether, if the Company's products receive approval, they will be successfully distributed and marketed; whether the Company's collaborations will be successful; whether Idera's cash resources will be sufficient to fund the Company's operations; and such other important factors as are set forth under the caption "Risk Factors" in Idera's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended September 30, 2011 which important factors are incorporated herein by reference. Idera disclaims any intention or obligation to update any forward-looking statements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV