Company Extends its Softphone Leadership Position into the GSMA's RCS-e Backed Solution
BARCELONA, Spain, at Mobile World Congress, Feb. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Riding the growing worldwide wave of operator interest in Rich Communication Suite-enhanced (RCS-e) service, CounterPath Corporation (TSX-V: CCV) (OTCBB: CPAH) today announces the launch of its own RCS-e softphone client. The company is demonstrating the client during Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this week.
CounterPath's market entry underscores the importance of the RCS protocol championed by the Global System for Mobile Communications Association (GSMA) and follows the recent introduction of the world's first commercial RCS-e service in Spain. As interest in RCS-e gains momentum, service launches are expected to follow in other countries.
According to Infonetics Research, by 2013 there will be 15 million subscribers worldwide to RCS, RCS-e, and RCS-like services, and RCS will rise in popularity in North America as operators launch voice-over-LTE (VoLTE) services.The RCS initiative is a joint effort among a group of key operators, infrastructure providers and device vendors to foster the evolution of mobile communications toward rich communication. Focused on the use of IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) for providing mobile services, the initiative aims to enable rich communication services such as instant messaging, video sharing and buddy lists to mobile users, regardless of device or network. This first version of the CounterPath RCS-e client is available for the Android platform to address the burgeoning market for this platform. Based on the company's award-winning Bria softphone technology, the RCS-e client will be available to CounterPath's carrier and service operator customers for both trials and commercial deployments. Features of the CounterPath RCS-e client enable users to:
- Enjoy an intuitive user interface designed for easy and efficient communication.
- Make and receive voice calls.
- Make and receive instant messages via an easy-to-access slide tab.
- Make and receive video calls with the option to quickly select the video source -- front camera, back camera.
- Transfer files, including photos and videos, from the RCS-e client to other devices.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts