Sourcefire, Inc. (Nasdaq: FIRE), a leader in intelligent cybersecurity solutions, today announced the first Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS) to provide fully integrated and intelligent application control. Sourcefire®, which pioneered NGIPS in 2003, is extending its Agile Security™ vision by providing the world’s first NGIPS to incorporate real-time contextual awareness and full-stack visibility, together with intelligent security automation and granular application control.
Sourcefire’s application control enables companies to control access to thousands of applications and provides custom detection and control for homegrown applications. It equips customers with decisive threat-mitigating controls to reduce attack surface and to enforce use policies. With application detection and control in a universal NGIPS platform, Sourcefire customers can easily construct integrated security policies that balance access controls with robust threat prevention to comprehensively address application-layer risks.
Sourcefire NGIPS is built on the high-performance FirePOWER™ platform. In addition to application control, features in the latest NGIPS release include FireSIGHT™ contextual awareness and automation and enhanced reporting.
- Enhanced discovery of thousands of applications, including client-side applications, mobile browser versions and virtual machines
- Real-time visibility into changing hosts, apps, users and network infrastructure
- Network mapping and host profiling
- Network and Layer 7 behavior analysis and anomaly detection
- Automatic impact assessment of security events to filter out “noise”
- Automatic recommended policies based on contextual awareness
- Application statistics providing visibility into usage by risk, by hosts, by bandwidth consumption, by browser version, and so on
- Automatic email distribution of reports
- The ability to easily create tailored reports by providing input modifiers to report templates at run time to drill down on subsets of data
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV