DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford Focus sales expected to double in February, pushing through the 20,000 vehicle mark
- February on track to be best sales month in more than a decade
- Share of high-end SEL and Titanium Focus models up to 26 percent
Ford Focus sales are on pace to double in February, giving the stylish compact hatchback and sedan its best sales performance in more than a decade.
"Fuel prices have been on the rise again, with customers once again moving to smaller vehicles," said Erich Merkle, Ford sales analyst reporting manager. "We have a 40-mpg, fun-to-drive, well-equipped compact with more power than our competitors. The word is getting out on how efficient the new Focus really is."
February 2001 saw Focus sales pass through the 20,000 vehicle mark; overall car and truck sales that year numbered 17.2 million vehicles, making February 2012 Focus sales even more striking. Ford's current sales guidance numbers for the overall market this year are estimated at 13.5 million to 14.5 million vehicles for total sales as a comparison. February 2011 Focus sales totaled 10,879."We now have strong inventory going into a higher gas price environment, allowing us to fully participate in this shift," said Merkle. "Also, we've responded to customer demand for a five-speed manual transmission on the highest Titanium trim level." Customer demand for the Focus Titanium with five-speed manual transmission pushed Ford to offer that trim package and transmission as a new combination. Interestingly, demand for the manual transmission this year is running much higher than Ford's expectations (4.5 percent expected vs. 6.7 percent actual). As more Titanium five-speeds enter dealer inventories, Ford expects demand for manuals to increase to nearly 10 percent of total Focus sales.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV