Alpha & Omega Semiconductor Ltd. Stock Upgraded (AOSL)
- AOSL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, AOSL has a quick ratio of 2.15, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- ALPHA AND OMEGA SEMICONDUCTR has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past two years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALPHA AND OMEGA SEMICONDUCTR increased its bottom line by earning $1.47 versus $0.83 in the prior year.
- The gross profit margin for ALPHA AND OMEGA SEMICONDUCTR is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.00%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.80% significantly trails the industry average.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, ALPHA AND OMEGA SEMICONDUCTR's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts