Theragenics Corporation Stock Upgraded (TGX)
- Although TGX's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.28 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, TGX has a quick ratio of 1.80, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- THERAGENICS CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past two years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, THERAGENICS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.09 versus $0.05 in the prior year.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 8.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
- 41.90% is the gross profit margin for THERAGENICS CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of TGX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TGX's net profit margin of 1.40% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.