NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Theragenics Corporation (NYSE:TGX) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Although TGX's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.28 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, TGX has a quick ratio of 1.80, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- THERAGENICS CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past two years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, THERAGENICS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.09 versus $0.05 in the prior year.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 8.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.9%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to not be hurting the bottom line, shown by stable earnings per share.
- 41.90% is the gross profit margin for THERAGENICS CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of TGX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TGX's net profit margin of 1.40% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV