Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. Stock Upgraded (WINN)
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Food & Staples Retailing industry average. The net income increased by 25.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$24.01 million to -$17.99 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- WINN-DIXIE STORES INC has improved earnings per share by 15.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WINN-DIXIE STORES INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.53 versus $0.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.17 versus -$0.53).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Food & Staples Retailing industry and the overall market, WINN-DIXIE STORES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for WINN-DIXIE STORES INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.10%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -0.80% trails that of the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.