4G chipmaker Sequans Communications S.A. (NYSE: SQNS) has made available new LTE USB dongle reference designs based on its second generation LTE semiconductor technology. The new family of SQN3120-USB designs can be used to build both FDD and TDD devices and they feature an ultra thin form factor, low power consumption, and a reduced BOM (bill of materials), enabling manufacturers to build sleek and powerful LTE USB dongles very cost-effectively. SQN3120-USB reference designs can support all major LTE bands, initially including FDD bands 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 13, 17, 20, and 25, and TDD bands 38, 40, and 41, with additional bands and unique multi-band combinations made available upon request. See Sequans and product information on the new reference designs at Mobile World Congress, stand 2G11, February 27-March 1 in Barcelona.
The reference designs are based on Sequans’ SQN3120 SOC, the chip at the heart of Sequans’ Mont Blanc LTE platform. Mont Blanc includes an integrated applications processor and is optimized for the design of hostless USB dongles, CPE, and mobile hotspots. The SQN3120-USB reference designs carry all the benefits of the SQN3120 chip, including its low power consumption and highly efficient 40 nm CMOS architecture, plus best-in-class RF and integrated antennas in a small form factor. For TDD bands, the reference designs incorporate Sequans’ SQN3140 RFIC, and for FDD bands, the designs incorporate RF partner Fujitsu’s MB86L12A RFIC.
“With these new reference designs we give our customers blueprints to build state-of-the-art LTE devices for virtually any LTE network, FDD or TDD, in the world,” said Georges Karam, Sequans CEO. “The reference designs continue our long tradition of delivering highly energy and cost efficient semiconductor solutions to wireless device makers everywhere.”
SQN3120-USB feature highlights
- Supports all major LTE bands, FDD and TDD
- Best-in-class RF performance
- Optimized for hostless USB applications
- Low power consumption
- Ultra efficient MIMO decoder
- Compact and versatile
- Cost-effective, with reduced BOM
- 3GPP R9 and GCF compliant
- UE Category 4 throughput, up to 150Mbps Dl / 50 Mbps UL
- Complete LTE protocol stack and host software
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV