Powerwave Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:PWAV), a global supplier of advanced solutions for wireless communications networks, today announced a series of multiband and wideband antennas, available to service providers throughout Europe and North America.
The series of multiband solutions include five families of antennas that help operators gain granular control. Details on each product are as follows:
- Quadruple Broadband Antenna Family 65°: Supports 790-960 MHz, 2 arrays 1710-2170 MHz and 2.5-2.69 GHz systems for European markets. The three antennas in this family allow network operators to reuse existing site infrastructure by exchanging and upgrading existing dual or tri band antennas, without compromising network performance.
- Triple Broadband Antenna Family 65°: Supports 709-960 MHz, 1710-2170 MHz and 2.5-2.69 GHz systems for European markets. The three antennas in this family enable operators to maintain the same outer dimensions as already deployed multiband antennas, decreasing the variable downtilt capability and reducing the CAPEX spend for 2600MHx upgrades.
- Dual Broadband Antenna Family 65°: Combines 1710-2170 MHz and 2.5-2.69 GHz systems for European markets. This family enables mechanical width reduction down to 9”, allowing operators to reuse existing site infrastructure without compromising current network coverage.
- Dual Broadband Antenna Family 45°: Combines 698-894 MHz and 1710-2170 MHz systems for North American markets.
- Single Broadband Antenna Family 45°: Supports 698-894 MHz systems for North American markets.
The aforementioned dual and single broadband antenna families include patented Powerwave ACP radiator technology that enables a mechanical package only 440mm wide. Ideal for canyon and track coverage at low band application, and essential for high capacity 6-sector site applications, these antennas leverage horizontal stacked ACP radiators, delivering a higher front-to-side ratio, which keeps sector interference low.
“Given the spectrum crunch, carriers worldwide are grappling with how to best deploy 4G networks, while supporting legacy customers at the same time,” said Sarvesh Sharma, vice president of global site solutions at Powerwave. “Our new family of antennas literally covers the entire spectrum needs of carriers, supporting all the new LTE deployment frequencies, as well as 2G / 3G network protocols. This allows carriers to optimize their existing network infrastructure, which improves the end user wireless experience.”