DUBLIN, Ireland, Feb. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Global Indemnity plc (NASDAQ: GBLI) – Global Indemnity plc today announced that Michael J. Marchio is retiring from its Board of Directors effective February 27, 2012.
" Mike Marchio served as a distinguished member of the Board since his 2007 appointment. Over his nearly 5 years of service as a Director, Chair of the Board's Compensation and Benefits Committee, member of the Board's Audit Committee, and member of the Board's Enterprise Risk Management Committee, Mike made immeasurable contributions to our Board's deliberations, which significantly enhanced Global Indemnity. Mike will be greatly missed," said Saul Fox, Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive of Fox Paine, LLC, whose affiliates constitute Global Indemnity's majority shareholder. Mike Marchio retired from full-time employment as worldwide director of claims and executive vice president after more than 35 years with Chubb & Son. "It was a privilege, honor, and pleasure to have worked with Saul, my fellow Board members, and senior management on behalf of all Global Indemnity shareholders," Mr. Marchio said.
About Global Indemnity plc and its subsidiariesGlobal Indemnity plc (NASDAQ:GBLI), through its several direct and indirect wholly owned subsidiary insurance and reinsurance companies, provides both admitted and non-admitted specialty property and casualty insurance coverages in the United States, as well as reinsurance throughout the world. Global Indemnity plc's two primary divisions are:
- UNITED STATES BASED INSURANCE OPERATIONS
- BERMUDA BASED REINSURANCE OPERATIONS
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV