The weakness is weighing on broad alternative energy ETFs as well. The PowerShares WilderHill Clean Energy Portfolio (PBW) is off more than 1% in afternoon trading.
ProShares UltraShort 20+ Year Treasury Bond ETF (TBT) -0.9%
Major U.S. stock market indices are sitting in positive territory, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average flirting with the 13,000 level. However, investors are unwilling to unload their exposure to safe-haven long-term U.S. treasuries.
It has been a mixed week for TBT, which has retreated to its 50-day moving average.All prices as of 2:12 PM EST
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV