NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "There's more to this market that just oil prices," Jim Cramer told his "Mad Money" TV show viewers on Friday as he laid out his game plan for next week's action. He said that the company's reporting earnings next week will paint a detailed picture of the economy as a whole.
That's why on Monday, Cramer said he'll be watching Priceline.com (PCLN) and Southwest Energy (SWN). He said that Priceline will tell us if momentum stocks are back in vogue, while Southwest can tell us whether natural gas prices can still go lower.For Tuesday, it's AutoZone (AZO), Domino's Pizza (DPZ) and Markwest Energy (MWE) that will have Cramer's attention. He was bullish on all three of these stocks. Then on Wednesday, Costco (COST), Joy Global (JOY) and Staples (SPLS) will be reporting. Cramer said he's in listen-mode for these companies, and wants to hear how price inflation, weak coal demand and small business growth will be affecting these stocks. Thursday brings the earnings of Kroger (KR) and Foot Locker (FL). Cramer said that Kroger pales by comparison to Whole Foods Markets (WFM), but Foot Locker will provide an update in the battle between Under Armour (UA) and Nike (NKE). On the IPO front, Cramer said investors should get in on the IPO of the business-rating site Yelp, but should not trade it in the open market. If the deal pops, he said, investors must "take the money and run."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV