iShares Gold Trust (IAU)
With investors and market commentators focused on crude oil and other energy-related commodities, gold has managed to stage a stealth rally, breaking to new 2012 highs and flirting with levels last seen in November.
Although we have enjoyed some solid signs of improvement here at home, we are far from out of the woods. With Europe still working to resolve its ongoing sovereign debt crisis, and rising fuel costs threatening to cripple growth, there are plenty of reasons to maintain exposure to safe haven asset classes. Keep funds like IAU on the radar.
Market Vectors India Small Cap Index ETF (SCIF)In the first seven weeks of 2012, the small cap India ETF pushed higher on all but five trading days, ascending through its 50- and 200-day moving averages. The rally appears to have lost some steam recently, however, and the fund has retreated.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV