Looking at fiscal 2011, I believe many of the steps that we have taken over the last months, quarters and year came together to demonstrate the power of the platform that we have built and the intellectual capital that we have brought together.
Adjusted earnings per share for the quarter were $0.93, up 79% over earnings per share in the fourth quarter last year. And before the reevaluation gain, which Roger will discuss in a moment, we were $0.70, up 34.6% over last year. Adjusted EBITDA was 20.7% of revenues, a 210-basis-point improvement over the same quarter last year, demonstrating the assimilation over the year of our new LECG professionals and the ramp-up of expenses associated with their transition and was also a great job of leadership in Corporate Finance/Restructuring, where margins improved almost 3.5%.
With regard to our pro cyclical businesses, as a whole, they grew 15%, and the organic growth for these businesses was 7%. The delta again represented mostly growth from the LECG transactions, which represented $23.3 million during the quarter. Highlights in the pro cyclical businesses include 39% revenue growth in Economic Consulting, of which 11% was organic; 12% growth in Technology, all of which was organic; and 11% growth in Forensic and Litigation Consulting, of which 4% was organic.
In Economic Consulting, strength in M&A in our financial economics practice continued from the third quarter, with Antitrust and M&A matters up 65% and 36% year-over-year, respectively. Looking to 2012, we believe our financial economic practice will continue to experience high utilization rates and increase client opportunities. We also expect to continue to book a meaningful number of strategic consulting assignments.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV