Both of the stocks are rated buy at TheStreet Ratings.
The suit retailer is scheduled to report fourth-quarter results on March 7. Analysts, on average, expect a loss of 13 cents a share on revenue of $563.17 million."We believe sales in the core business will benefit from new slimmer-fit fashion trends favored by Millennials, which account for 25% of its sales, along with middle-aged consumers," Sterne Agee analysts wrote in a Feb. 1 report. "We believe sales have also been aided by a replenishment cycle now under way in tailored goods. MW continues to have square footage opportunities sized at 25-30 stores per year in the core business, or growth in low single digits." Shares of Men's Wearhouse hit a 52-week high of $39.82. The stock's 52-week low of $24.50 was set on Oct. 4. Men's Wearhouse has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 15.07; the average for apparel retailers is 17.21. For comparison, Jos. A Bank Clothier and Casual Male Retail Group (CMRG) both have lower forward P/Es of 12.98 and 10.16, respectively. Eight of the nine analysts who cover Men's Wearhouse rated it buy. One analyst gave it a hold rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Men's Wearhouse a B+ grade with a $45.11 price target. The stock has risen 22.31% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV