NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Shares of security software maker Sourcefire (FIRE) posted big gains this week, rising more than 21% to a new high after delivering strong fourth-quarter results. The company's adjusted earnings came in at 25 cents a share, above the average analyst estimate of 19 cents.
Salesforce (CRM) shares jumped nearly 10% this week to $144.35 after easily beating Wall Street expectations for its fourth-quarter earnings.
The cloud computing company reported adjusted earnings of $61.6 million, or 43 cents a share, on revenue of $632 million. Analysts were looking for a profit of 40 cents a share on revenue of $624 million.
Dell (DELL), meanwhile, saw shares drop more than 4% this week after announcing disappointment fourth-quarter earnings as it tries to move into higher margin businesses like enterprise storage, servers and cloud computing.The PC maker reported earnings of 51 cents per share on $16.01 billion in revenue. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected Dell to report earnings of 52 cents per share on $15.96 billion in revenue. HP (HPQ) shares also took a dive this week, falling more than 10% to $26.74 after coming in a bit shy of Wall Street's revenue view for its fiscal first quarter and giving a weak forecast. The troubled tech giant, which is trying to turn itself around under the leadership of new CEO Meg Whitman, reported adjusted earnings of 92 cents per share and revenue of $30 billion. Analysts were looking for earnings of 87 cents per share and revenue of $30.1 billion. -- Written by Olivia Oran in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV