Over the past two years, Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi has recognized the need for food bank support within the local community. The Giving Garden, which raises fresh fruits and vegetables for the Stockton Emergency Food Bank, was built on the Woodbridge Winery premises in 2010 and continues to be maintained and cared for by the winery employees. This garden has provided more than 4,500 pounds of produce to the Food Bank, equating to more than 5,600 meals for local families. Inspired by the passion and generosity alive within the Giving Garden program, employees of Constellation Brands, the parent company of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi, personally donated to the Food Bank cause through the “employee match” program. For every dollar donated by an employee to a local charity during the holiday time period, Constellation Brands in turn matched with a donation of a dollar. The $9,000 raised through this program, along with the 2,500 pounds of food raised through a food drive held at the winery during the holidays, will provide tremendous support to help feed the local community during the cold winter months and beyond.
“Working with organizations like the Stockton Emergency Food Bank enables us to contribute to the community surrounding our winery, and see the difference these donations can make firsthand,” said Larry Pilmaier, of Woodbridge Winery.
As unemployment levels in San Joaquin County have risen in recent years, so has the Food Bank’s role as a community provider, serving more than 4,000 people each month. Founded in 1968, the Food Bank has helped local families receive food and fill their pantries when they don’t have the economic means to regularly do so themselves. Employees at the Food Bank have seen the line outside grow by over 30 percent in the last five years, mainly due to circumstantial factors having to do with the national economic crisis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV