Time Warner Cable Digital TV subscribers can watch the latest installment of It Ain’t Rocket Science on NY1 this Saturday at 6:30pm EST. Technology Reporter Adam Balkin is back to explore a variety of fun, stimulating STEM topics for kids and families alike. Balkin looks at the stars and beyond at a current hands-on exhibit at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City. In addition, the episode will feature a sneak peek of Wouldn’t It Be Cool If…, a new contest jointly presented by Time Warner Cable’s Connect a Million Minds and i.am FIRST, founded by will.i.am that challenges kids to dream up cool invention ideas powered by math and science.
Other segments in this month’s episode include:
- Shazia Khan profiles 14 year-old whiz kid, Aidan Dwyer, who had solar energy technologists scratching their heads with his tree-like solar gathering model designed to more efficiently capture the rays of the sun.
- Erin Billups explores the second-ever White House Science Fair, where President Obama highlighted science inventions and research from youth around the country, including students from Time Warner Cable markets Kansas City and Fort Worth.
- Tara Lynn Wagner previews the annual FIRST Robotics competition. This year, more than 50,000 high school students from across the country will build basketball shooting robots in a new game called “Rebound Rumble”.
- Marti Skold jumps into a virtual cities competition in Raleigh sponsored by the National Engineers Week foundation where students are thinking about the future of cities and their design.
- Shazia Khan takes an inside look at Scientific American magazine’s program, “1,000 Scientists in 1,000 days,” which encourages STEM professionals to visit classrooms in order to better explain concepts and curriculums.
The latest episode of It Ain’t Rocket Science will debut on NY1 on Saturday, February 25 at 6:30 PM EST with replays later that night at 9:30pm EST and Sunday at 6:30pm EST and 9:30pm EST. Following the telecasts, It Ain’t Rocket Science will be available On Demand for Digital TV customers.
In addition, to view the first three episodes of It Ain’t Rocket Science online, visit Connect a Million Minds at http://www.connectamillionminds.com/campaigns/itaintrocketscience.About Connect a Million Minds Time Warner Cable’s (TWC) Connect a Million Minds (CAMM) is a five-year, $100 million philanthropic initiative to address America’s declining proficiency in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), which puts our children at risk of not competing successfully in a global economy. Using its media assets, TWC creates awareness of the issue and inspires students to develop the STEM skills they need to become the problem solvers of tomorrow. Program highlights include: original PSAs that challenge public perceptions of STEM; a unique website, www.connectamillionminds.com, where parents and community members can pledge to connect young people with the wonders of science; “The Connectory”, a one-of-a-kind online resource that makes it simple and easy for parents and students to find informal science and technology learning opportunities in their communities; grants to support non-profit organizations that bring stimulating, high-quality and affordable after-school STEM learning to students; TWC employees, over 47,000 strong, who volunteer their time at community events like science fairs and robotics competitions, and share their passion for engineering and technology with students at CAMM career days. TWC’s national CAMM partners are CSAS (Coalition for Science After School) and FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology). Local TWC markets are activating CAMM across the country with community-specific programs and partnerships. About Time Warner Cable Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE: TWC) is among the largest providers of video, high-speed data and phone services in the United States, connecting more than 14 million customers to entertainment, information and each other. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers data, video and phone services to businesses of all sizes, cell tower backhaul services to wireless carriers, and through its NaviSite subsidiary, enterprise-class hosting, managed application, messaging and cloud services. Time Warner Cable Media, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com, www.navisite.com, and www.twcmedia.com About NY1 News NY1 News, a part of Time Warner Cable's Local News Division, is a 24-hour news channel that covers weather, local news, politics, sports and arts throughout the five boroughs. NY1 is available to more than two and half million subscribers in high definition on channel 701 on the following cable systems: Time Warner Cable’s NYC Region (serving Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and portions of Brooklyn), Bergen and Hudson Counties in New Jersey, parts of Westchester and the Hudson Valley. On Cablevision systems of New York City (serving the rest of Brooklyn and the Bronx) it is available on channel 1, it can also be seen on channel 122 on Time Warner Cable Rochester, channel 111 on Time Warner Cable Syracuse, channel 1011 on Time Warner Cable Binghamton and channel 515 on Time Warner Cable Albany, and on closed-circuit television in the state capitol. NY1 News is available on the World Wide Web at http://ny1.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV