- Investors predict continued growth, with an estimated net inflow of $140bn in 2012, taking industry AUM to an all time high of $2.26tn by year end.
- Increased institutional participation is driving growth as hedge funds become an established and formidable part of the investment landscape. Institutions now account for approximately two thirds of hedge fund assets compared to less than one fifth in 2003.
- Consolidation will continue and large, successful funds will become even bigger. 44% of respondents are invested in managers with over $1bn in AUM, up from 25% in 2009. Nearly a third of respondents plan to allocate to managers with more than $1bn in AUM.
- Performance has consistently ranked as a key criterion for manager selection over the past 10 years. 80% of respondents ranked performance as one of the five most important factors this year, as investors remain committed to seeking talented, top performing managers irrespective of size.
Deutsche Bank Publishes Tenth Annual Alternative Investment Survey
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.