Interested in more on MB Financial? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Strongest Illinois Banks and Thrifts
The list is sorted by rating, and then alphabetically by institution name.All of the Illinois banks and thrifts on Weiss's recommended list were strongly capitalized as of Dec. 30, with total risk-based capital ratios exceeding 13% and 34 had total risk-based capital ratios exceeding 20% or twice the level most institutions need to be considered well-capitalized by regulators. Two thirds of the recommended Illinois institutions had fourth-quarter returns on average assets exceeding 1%.
Thorough Bank Failure CoverageThere has only been one bank failure in Illinois this year, following 9 closures in 2011, 16 in 2010, and 21 in 2009. The Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. will be closing its temporary satellite office in Schaumburg, IL, to Sept. 28, 2012. Since the current wave of bank and thrift closures began in 2008, Illinois has seen 48 institutions closed by regulators, trailing only Georgia, which has had 75 failures and Florida, which has had 60 bank and thrift closures. All 423 U.S. bank and thrift closures since the beginning of 2008 are detailed in TheStreet's interactive bank failure map:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV