Largest Illinois Banks
JPMorgan Chase Bank NA (the main banking subsidiary of JPMorgan Chase (JPM)) continues to lead in deposit market share in Illinois, with 15.6% of all deposits in the state as of June 30, 2011, according to the most recent FDIC data. JPMorgan Chase's market share increased from 13.5% a year earlier.
BMO Harris BANK, NA of Chicago, which is the second-largest Illinois bank, with $97.3 billion in total assets as of Dec. 30, moved into a second-place deposit market share of 9% as of June 30, 2011. The bank is held by Bank of Montreal (BMO).
Bank of America, NA, which is the main banking subsidiary of Bank of America (BAC), slipped to third place, with a 7% deposit market share in Illinois, declining from 9% a year earlier. This was in part because of continued poaching of customers from the former LaSalle Bank, which Bank of America acquired in 2007.Here are the 10 largest banks headquartered in the state, along with key metrics as of Dec. 30:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV