Asure Software, Inc. (NASDAQ-CM: ASUR), a leading provider of workplace management software, today announced that it has self-certified compliance with the U.S. Department of Commerce’s U.S.-European Union (EU) and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor frameworks.
The European Commission’s Directive on Data Protection, established in 1998, prohibits the transfer of personal data to nations that do not meet the EU’s “adequacy” standard for privacy protection. In consultation with the Commission, the U.S. Commerce department created the Safe Harbor framework to help U.S.-based companies verify and represent that they meet the EU standard. Self-certification and participation in the Safe Harbor framework is entirely voluntary.
The U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework, which was approved by Switzerland in 2009, is an important way for U.S. organizations to avoid experiencing interruptions in their business dealings with Switzerland or facing prosecution by Swiss authorities under Swiss privacy law. Self-certifying to the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework ensures Swiss organizations that the certified organization provides "adequate" privacy protection, as defined by Swiss law.
“Asure Software is very excited to be part of the U.S.-EU and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor programs,” said Pat Goepel, Asure's Chief Executive Officer. “These certifications enable us to more effectively do business globally and fit into our organic growth plans for 2012. It also provides our international clients another level of assurance as our market continues to expand.”Benefits of Safe Harbor include:
- Companies participating in the Safe Harbor will be deemed adequate and data flows to those companies will continue;
- Requirements for prior approval of data transfers either will be waived or approval will be automatically granted; and
- Claims brought by European and Swiss citizens against U.S. companies will be heard in the United States subject to limited exceptions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV