The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK (The FRED Report) -- The stock market rally continues, in line with our forecast, and we maintain our targets of 1400 to 1430 on the S&P 500 Index (SPX). But, there have been some interesting sector developments.
The biggest concern has been some of the action in Technology, which has been one of the leading sectors -- we show a chart of iShares DJ US Technology (IYW) below.Many pundits are suggesting that the lion's share of the sector (and possibly market!) move has been because of Apple (AAPL).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV