LAWRENCE, Mass. and SAN ANTONIO, Feb. 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ADC 2012 Booth B -- NxStage® Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq: NXTM), a leading manufacturer of innovative dialysis products, today announced that it is participating in several industry-focused educational presentations on more frequent home hemodialysis with the NxStage System One™ at the Annual Dialysis Conference (ADC) 2012. NxStage will also host a special reception event, featuring celebrity kidney transplant patient and former NxStage System One user Stephen Furst and other patient advocates. The events at ADC bring together renal care leaders and NxStage patients to promote the 'mountains of clinical data' supporting the benefits of more frequent home hemodialysis with the System One.
The "Power to the Patients" reception with actor and director Stephen Furst and current NxStage patient Vanessa Evans will stress the importance of educating patients on their therapy options and empowering them to participate in their own care. Furst's successful career as an actor and director includes recent work providing character voices for the animated films "Little Mermaid II" and "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command," as well as roles in the movie "Animal House" and television shows "St. Elsewhere" and "Babylon 5." Evans is a wife, mother and long-time NxStage patient involved in dialysis patient advocacy, creating awareness for the benefits of more frequent home hemodialysis. The event will take place on Sunday, February 26 from 7:00-9:00 p.m. in Salon ABC at the Marriott Riverwalk.
In addition to the reception, NxStage will be participating in several key speaking sessions focused on home hemodialysis:
- Technical Features of Home Hemodialysis Machines and Potential Advantages of Home Hemodialysis Robert Lockridge, MD, Presiding Monday, February 27, 2:00-4:00 p.m. Room 214 DFeaturing technical discussion of the NxStage System One, given by Daniel Call, NxStage Medical
- "Industry Speaks" session including "NxStage: What's Now and What's Next?" Edwina Brown, MD, Presiding Monday, February 27, 6:15-8:15 p.m.Ballroom C-1Featuring a presentation by Joe Turk, President, North America, NxStage Medical
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV