Crown Media Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRWN) today reported its operating results for the three months and year ended December 31, 2011.
- “Countdown to Christmas” Success. Hallmark Channel’s holiday programming initiative, “Countdown to Christmas”, officially launched on November 12th with marked increases in ratings over the same period in 2010 among our core demographic of women 25-54. Throughout the fourth quarter of 2011, “Countdown to Christmas” produced record-breaking successes, including Hallmark Channel’s highest total day delivery (Sunday, November 27) and highest total weekend delivery (Saturday, November 26 – Sunday, November 27) in network history. According to Nielsen, the original holiday movie premieres reached more than 22.1 million unduplicated viewers.
- Strong Advertising Sales. Advertising revenue increased 19% over fourth quarter 2010. Hallmark Channel increased 14% while Hallmark Movie Channel increased 76%.
- Substantial Growth for Hallmark Movie Channel. Hallmark Movie Channel closed out the year with a universe estimate of approximately 45 million homes according to Nielsen, marking an increase of 19% from December 2010.
- Significant Carriage Interest for Hallmark Movie Channel. For the second year in a row, Hallmark Movie Channel ranked as the #1 network sought out by non-affiliates for carriage, among all mid-sized and emerging networks, according to the 2011 Beta Research Cable Operator Carriage Study.
- Successful Distribution Deals. The Crown Media Family Networks distribution team has completed renewals with Cox and Dish.
“Our fourth quarter and holiday season continues to be a source of strength and interest to advertisers for Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel,” said Bill Abbott, President and CEO of Crown Media Family Networks. “Advertising sales revenue from our highly sought after seasonal programming directly contributed to our EBITDA growth. Hallmark Movie Channel has experienced significant gains in distribution, recently surpassing the 45 million subscriber milestone, in addition to increased carriage interest from non-affiliates. We are pleased with our results from the quarter and the year, and are pursuing strategic initiatives that will continue to resonate with our viewers, advertisers and distributors.”