Crown Media Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRWN) today reported its operating results for the three months and year ended December 31, 2011.
- “Countdown to Christmas” Success. Hallmark Channel’s holiday programming initiative, “Countdown to Christmas”, officially launched on November 12th with marked increases in ratings over the same period in 2010 among our core demographic of women 25-54. Throughout the fourth quarter of 2011, “Countdown to Christmas” produced record-breaking successes, including Hallmark Channel’s highest total day delivery (Sunday, November 27) and highest total weekend delivery (Saturday, November 26 – Sunday, November 27) in network history. According to Nielsen, the original holiday movie premieres reached more than 22.1 million unduplicated viewers.
- Strong Advertising Sales. Advertising revenue increased 19% over fourth quarter 2010. Hallmark Channel increased 14% while Hallmark Movie Channel increased 76%.
- Substantial Growth for Hallmark Movie Channel. Hallmark Movie Channel closed out the year with a universe estimate of approximately 45 million homes according to Nielsen, marking an increase of 19% from December 2010.
- Significant Carriage Interest for Hallmark Movie Channel. For the second year in a row, Hallmark Movie Channel ranked as the #1 network sought out by non-affiliates for carriage, among all mid-sized and emerging networks, according to the 2011 Beta Research Cable Operator Carriage Study.
- Successful Distribution Deals. The Crown Media Family Networks distribution team has completed renewals with Cox and Dish.
“Our fourth quarter and holiday season continues to be a source of strength and interest to advertisers for Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel,” said Bill Abbott, President and CEO of Crown Media Family Networks. “Advertising sales revenue from our highly sought after seasonal programming directly contributed to our EBITDA growth. Hallmark Movie Channel has experienced significant gains in distribution, recently surpassing the 45 million subscriber milestone, in addition to increased carriage interest from non-affiliates. We are pleased with our results from the quarter and the year, and are pursuing strategic initiatives that will continue to resonate with our viewers, advertisers and distributors.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV