Cogent Communications Group Inc. Stock Upgraded (CCOI)
- CCOI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- COGENT COMMUNICATIONS GRP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, COGENT COMMUNICATIONS GRP increased its bottom line by earning $0.17 versus $0.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.39 versus $0.17).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry. The net income increased by 109.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2.58 million to $5.42 million.
- The gross profit margin for COGENT COMMUNICATIONS GRP is rather high; currently it is at 57.60%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $27.29 million or 24.25% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.75%.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV