Volcano Corporation Stock Upgraded (VOLC)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although VOLC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.28 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.07, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for VOLCANO CORP is currently very high, coming in at 72.90%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 31.70% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $23.04 million or 17.53% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -26.46%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 1805.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.73 million to $29.42 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts