Volcano Corporation Stock Upgraded (VOLC)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although VOLC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.28 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.07, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for VOLCANO CORP is currently very high, coming in at 72.90%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 31.70% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $23.04 million or 17.53% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -26.46%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 1805.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.73 million to $29.42 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.