Brocade Communications Systems Inc Stock Upgraded (BRCD)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Brocade Communications Systems (Nasdaq:BRCD) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income increased by 117.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $26.92 million to $58.58 million.
- BRCD's revenue growth trails the industry average of 17.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYS is rather high; currently it is at 67.80%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, BRCD's net profit margin of 10.40% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $127.05 million or 7.45% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 7.45%, BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYS is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 107.23%.
- BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS SYS reported lower earnings of $0.10 versus $0.26 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.58 versus $0.10).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV