HAMILTON, Bermuda, February 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Fourth quarter total revenue, excluding real estate, up 10% to $135.9 million
- Fourth quarter revenue from owned hotels up 9% to $107.6 million
- Same store revenue per available room ("RevPAR") for the quarter up 11% in US dollars, up 15% in local currency
- Adjusted EBITDA before real estate for the fourth quarter up 31% to $21.2 million
- Fourth quarter adjusted net loss from continuing operations $9.1 million ( $0.09 per common share) compared to a loss of $15.3 million ( $0.16 per common share) in the fourth quarter of 2010
- Sold excess development rights in New York, recording a gain of $16.0 million, and repaid associated debt of $4.5 million
- Completed the sale of Keswick Hall, Virginia, in January 2012 for $22.0 million and repaid associated debt of $10.0 million
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. (NYSE: OEH, http://www.orient-express.com), owners or part-owners and managers of 49 luxury hotel, restaurant, tourist train and river cruise properties operating in 24 countries, today announced its results for the fourth quarter ended December 31, 2011.
"The fourth quarter provided a solid close to a year of good financial and operating progress for Orient-Express. In 2011, many of our properties achieved their all time best annual results," said Bob Lovejoy, Chairman and Interim Chief Executive Officer. "In the fourth quarter we continued to grow our top line, with total revenue before real estate increasing 10% compared to the fourth quarter of 2010. The fourth quarter also marked the eighth straight quarter of growth in revenue and adjusted EBITDA (both excluding real estate), which increased by 10% and 31%, respectively, over the same quarter of the previous year."During the course of 2011, we continued to strengthen our balance sheet and were pleased to achieve by the end of the year our interim goal of a net debt to adjusted EBITDA (excluding real estate) ratio of less than 5 times. Since the end of the quarter, this strengthening has continued through our program of selected disposal of non-core properties. In January 2012, we completed the sale of Keswick Hall, Virginia, for $22.0 million and we repaid $10.0 million of associated debt. "As we look ahead to 2012, we are encouraged by our booking patterns, which indicate continued healthy demand in the luxury travel sector. Total revenue from owned hotels achieved and on the books for 2012 is currently about 8% above the comparable total at the same time last year."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV