Metro PCS shares increased 13.81% to $11.70 on Thursday. The telecommunications company reported fourth-quarter earnings of $91 million, or 25 cents a share, on $1.24 billion in revenue, up from year-ago earnings of $14 million, or 4 cents a share, on $1.1 billion in revenue. Analysts, on average, expected 16 cents a share in earnings on $1.24 billion in revenue.
Metro PCS has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 12.47; the average for mobile telecommunications companies is 20.23. For comparison, both American Tower (AMT) and Crown Castle International (CCI) have higher forward P/Es of 34.27 and 44.64 respectively.Of the 29 analysts who cover Metro PCS, 15 rated it buy, 13 gave it a hold rating and one analyst considered it a sell. Metro PCS gets a C+ grade from TheStreet Ratings and is rated hold. The stock increased 34.79% year to date.
Other top performers in the S&P 500 Thursday include:
- Sprint Nextel (S): The stock rose 13% Thursday to $2.52. The stock increased 7.69% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Sprint Nextel a D grade and sell rating.
- QEP Resources (QEP): The stock increased 7.79% Thursday to $34.03. The stock has risen 16.14% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives QEP Resources a C- grade and hold rating.
- Jacobs Engineering Group (JEC): The stock rose 6.37% Thursday to $47.61. The stock increased 17.32% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Jacobs Engineering Group a B grade with a buy rating and $52.53 price target.
- Fluor (FLR): The stock increased 6.01% Thursday to $63.99. The stock has risen 27.34% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Fluor a B grade with a buy rating and $69.65 price target.
- Federated Investors (FII): The stock increased 5.91% Thursday to $20.62. The stock has risen 36.11% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Federated Investors a C grade and hold rating.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): The stock rose 5.5% Thursday to $20.72. The stock increased 37.22% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives Denbury Resources a B grade with a buy rating and $22.50 price target.
- International Game Technology (IGT): The stock increased 5% Thursday to $15.11. The stock has dropped 12.15% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives International Game Technology a C+ grade and hold rating.
- PulteGroup (PHM): The stock rose 4.8% Thursday to $8.73. The stock increased 38.35% year to date. TheStreet Ratings gives PulteGroup a D+ grade and sell rating.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV