Atlantic Coast Financial Corporation (the "Company")(NASDAQ: ACFC), the holding company for Atlantic Coast Bank (the "Bank"), today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2011.
For the fourth quarter of 2011, the Company reported a net loss of $4.0 million or $1.61 per diluted share, compared with a net loss of $5.2 million or $2.02 per diluted share in the year-earlier quarter (as adjusted for the completion of the Company's second-step conversion in February 2011). For the year ended December 31, 2011, the Company's net loss narrowed to $10.3 million or $4.13 per diluted share from a net loss of $14.2 million or $5.51 per diluted share (on an adjusted basis) for 2010.
Notable highlights of the fourth quarter report included:
- Non-performing assets increased to $52.4 million at December 31, 2011, from $51.3 million on a linked-quarter basis at September 30, 2011, both above the $38.1 million level reported at December 31, 2010.
- Annualized net charge-offs to average loans increased to 3.34% for the fourth quarter of 2011 from 1.99% for the third quarter of 2011; annualized net charge-offs were 2.84% in the year-earlier fourth quarter.
- Total assets were $789.0 million at December 31, 2011, compared with $827.4 million at December 31, 2010, as the Company has continued to manage asset size consistent with its overall capital management strategy.
The Bank's Tier 1 leverage ratio, Tier 1 risk-based capital ratio and Total risk-based capital ratio were 5.83%, 9.65%, and 10.91%, respectively, at December 31, 2011. Accordingly, they continued to exceed the required minimums of 5%, 6%, and 10%, respectively, necessary to be deemed a well-capitalized institution. However, under an Individual Minimum Capital Requirement agreement ("IMCR") with the Office of Thrift Supervision (predecessor banking agency to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency), dated May 13, 2011, the Bank was required to achieve and maintain a Tier 1 leverage ratio of 7% beginning on September 30, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV