"The Hunger Games" Breaks Ticketing Records On Fandango
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination, announced today that advance ticketing records were set by Lionsgate's upcoming thriller, "The Hunger Games", which has already sold out hundreds of showtimes in advance of the film's March 23 release date. Even though the film doesn't open for another month, the first-day ticket sales on Wednesday, February 22 broke the previous first day advance ticket-seller record held by "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" on Friday, May 14, 2010.
"'The Hunger Games' is off to a fantastic start," says Rick Butler, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Fandango. "Yesterday we saw the biggest first day advance ticketing sales in our company's nearly 12-year history – which is especially impressive for a March release and a non-sequel."
Theater owners are continuing to add new showtimes, while fans are scooping up advance tickets at http://www.fandango.com/thehungergames/movieguide .About Fandango Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination, sells tickets to more than 20,000 screens nationwide. Fandango entertains and informs consumers with reviews, commentary, celebrity interviews and trailers, and offers the ability to quickly select a film, plan where and when to see it, and conveniently buy tickets in advance. At many select theaters, fans can print their tickets at home or receive them as a paperless Mobile Ticket on their smartphones. Fandango is available online at www.fandango.com, via smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices, and at 1-800-FANDANGO. Fandango's top-ranking movie ticketing apps, with over 22 million downloads, are available on the iPhone and iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7 and many other platforms. Film fans find Fandango on Facebook at www.facebook.com/fandango and on Twitter @Fandango. SOURCE Fandango
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV