5. CA Technologies (CA)
Company profile: CA Technologies is one of the largest independent providers of IT management software.
Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 34% this year and have a three-year annualized return of 17%. Analysts give its shares Analysts give CA's shares two "buy"ratings, four "buy/holds," and 10 "holds," according to S&P. Institutional investors own 75% of its stock.
4. Fossil (FOSL)Company profile: Fossil, with a market cap of $7.4 billion, makes wristwatches under the Fossil, Relic and Zodiac brand names, and also produces a complementary line of belts, purses, sunglasses, and jewelry, products that are sold worldwide. Investor takeaway: Fossil shares are up 46% this year, and have a three-year annualized return of 104%. S&P has its shares rated "buy," with a $125 price target, a 6% premium to the current price. Other analysts give its shares five "buy" ratings, five "buy/holds," and five "holds." 3. Illumina (ILMN) Company profile: Illumina, with a $6.2 billion market value, makes equipment and consumables for genetic analysis. Its customers include academics, genome centers and pharmaceutical firms. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 67% this year, and have a three-year annualized return of 15.6%. Analysts give Illumina's shares six "buy" ratings, two "buy/holds," 13 "holds," and one "sell," according to S&P. Mutual funds own almost 50% of its shares. 2. Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN) Company profile: Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, with a market value of $9.8 billion, develops products that fight inflammation, cancer and eye disease. Regeneron said recently, that it expects 2012 sales for its flagship product Eylea, which treats macular degeneration, to be in the range of $250 million to $300 million, up from a prior forecast range of $140 million to $160 million. In the fourth quarter 2011, Regeneron said its loss widened to $53.4 million, or 58 cents per share, from $14.6 million, or 17 cents per share, a year earlier. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 80% this year, and have a three-year annualized return of 76%. Analysts give its shares eight "buy" ratings, one "buy/hold," six "holds," and one "weak hold," according to S&P. 1. Cobalt International Energy (CIE) Company profile: Cobalt International Energy, with a $12 billion market value, is an independent, oil-focused exploration and production company. Investor takeaway: Its shares are up 105% this year and 115% since it went public about a year ago. Analysts give its shares five "buy" ratings, four "buy/holds," and two "holds," according to S&P. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 15 Best Stocks at Top-Performing Mutual Funds portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV