When you listen to news media reports telling viewers to get ready for $5 per gallon prices during the Summer driving season instead of reports on the outrage of speculative based pricing detached from the forces of supply and demand it is easy to believe that the media is complicit in higher energy prices.
Be on the inside of the conspiracy with the following energy funds.
5. iShares Dow Jones US Energy Sector Index Fund
iShares Dow Jones US Energy Sector Index Fund (IYE) seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the Dow Jones U.S Energy Sector Index. The index measures the performance of the energy sector of the U.S equity market.
4. Vanguard Energy ETFVanguard Energy ETF (VDE) seeks to track the performance of the Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI) US Investable Market Energy Index, an index of companies whose businesses are dominated by the construction or provision of oil rigs, drilling equipment, and other energy-related service and equipment, such as seismic data collection. Companies engaged in the exploration, production, marketing, refining, and/or transportation of oil and gas products are also included in fund holdings. Top 10 holdings include ConocoPhillips (COP), Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY), and Halliburton Co (HAL). Expense Ratio: 0.19% Six Month Total Return: 7.6% Rated "C-" by TheStreet Ratings:
3. Energy Select Sector SPDREnergy Select Sector SPDR (XLE) invests in energy companies that primarily develop and produce crude oil and natural gas, and provide drilling and other energy-related services. Expense Ratio: 0.19% Six Month Total Return: 7.8% Rated "C-" by TheStreet Ratings:
2. iShares S&P Global Energy Sector Index FundiShares S&P Global Energy Sector Index Fund (IXC) seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the S&P Global Energy Sector Index. Component companies include oil equipment and services, oil exploration and production, and oil refineries. Expense Ratio: 0.48% Six Month Total Return: 9.7% Rated "C-" by TheStreet Ratings:
1. PowerShares Dynamic Energy Exploration & Production PortfolioPowerShares Dynamic Energy Exploration & Production Portfolio (PXE) seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield of the Dynamic Energy Exploration & Production Intellidex SM Index before the fees and expenses of the fund. The fund normally invests at least 90 percent of its total assets in common stocks that comprise this index of 30 U.S. companies involved in the exploration and production of natural resources used to produce energy. These are companies that are principally engaged in exploration, extraction, and production of crude oil and natural gas from land based or offshore wells.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV