10 ETFs to Hold On Iranian Nuclear Fears
Be mindful of the premium or discount offered when purchasing this or any other closed-end fund. There is an absolute guarantee that the bombs will be dropping between now and the November elections, at least in political attack ads. Millions of dollars will be spent by super PACs and candidates in the Republican Party un-civil war before a nominee is chosen to face the onslaught of television commercial attack ads from the Obama re-election machine.
Expense Ratio: 2.44%
Six Month Total Return: 8.5%
Rated "C+" by TheStreet Ratings:
8. iShares Dow Jones US Aerospace & Defense Index FundiShares Dow Jones US Aerospace & Defense Index Fund (ITA) seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance before fees and expenses of the Dow Jones U.S. Select Aerospace & Defense Index. Key holdings include United Technologies Corp (UTX), Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT), and Northrop Grumman Corp (NOC). Expense Ratio: 0.47% Six Month Total Return: 19.2% Rated "C+" by TheStreet Ratings:
7. PowerShares Aerospace & Defense PortfolioPowerShares Aerospace & Defense Portfolio (PPA) seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield of the SPADETM Defense Index. The Index seeks to identify a group of companies involved in the development, manufacturing, operations, and support of U.S. defense, homeland security, and aerospace operations. Key holdings include General Dynamics Corp (GD), Honeywell International Inc (HON), and Raytheon Co (RTN). Expense Ratio: 0.66% Six Month Total Return: 15.3% Rated "C-" by TheStreet Ratings:
6. SPDR S&P Aerospace & Defense ETFSPDR S&P Aerospace & Defense ETF (XAR) seeks to replicate as closely as possible the performance of the S&P Aerospace & Defense Select Industry Index, which represents the Aerospace and Defense sector within the S&P Total Market Index. Top holdings include Textron Inc (TXT), Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL), and BE Aerospace Inc (BEAV). This exchange-traded fund is relatively new having an inception date of Sept 29, 2011. Expense Ratio: 0.35% Three Month Total Return: 10.5% Unrated by TheStreet Ratings:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV