- Core funds from operations (“Core FFO”) was $0.14 per share/unit for the fourth quarter. Full year Core FFO was $0.43 and meets high end of Company’s previous full year guidance;
- Same-community net operating income (“NOI”) for the quarter increased 14.5% on a 7.1% increase in revenues and a 3.1% decline in operating expenses. For the full year, same-community NOI increased 6.3%;
- Preleasing for the 2012/2013 lease term is 259 basis points ahead of last year with the same-community portfolio 34.8% preleased;
- Anticipated net rental rate increase of 3.5% for the 2012/2013 lease term;
- Selected by the University of Kentucky for the potential revitalization of its entire housing portfolio and expansion of such to 9,000 beds within seven years. The University’s board of trustees recently approved the first phase, which includes the construction of a 601-bed, $25.8 million freshman honors housing community to be delivered in 2013;
- Purchased four communities with 1,184 beds in the fourth quarter for $116.7 million. A total of eight communities were added in 2011 for $189.7 million;
- Acquired one community with 612 beds in January of 2012 for $20.6 million; and
- Entered into an agreement in January 2012 for the development of a 668-bed cottage style community at the University of Mississippi for a summer 2013 delivery.
EdR Announces Fourth Quarter 2011 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.