Deckers Outdoor Corporation (NASDAQGS: DECK) today announced record financial results for both the fiscal year and fourth quarter ended December 31, 2011.
Fiscal 2011 Highlights
- Net sales increased 37.6% to $1.377 billion compared to $1.001 billion last year.
- Gross margin was 49.3% compared to 50.2% last year.
- Diluted EPS increased 25.8% to $5.07 compared to $4.03 last year.
- UGG brand sales increased 37.6% to $1.202 billion compared to $873.1 million last year.
- Teva® brand sales increased 23.1% to $124.8 million compared to $101.3 million last year.
- International sales increased 82.4% to $432.2 million compared to $236.9 million last year.
- Domestic sales increased 23.7% to $945.1 million compared to $764.1 million last year.
- Retail sales increased 50.4% to $189.0 million compared to $125.6 million last year; same store sales rose 6.3% on top of a 16.6% increase last year.
- eCommerce sales increased 16.0% to $106.5 million compared to $91.8 million last year.
Fourth Quarter Highlights
- Net sales increased 40.4% to $603.9 million compared to $430.1 million for the same period last year.
- Gross margin was 51.0% compared to 54.2% for the same period last year.
- Diluted EPS increased 40.1% to $3.18 compared to $2.27 for the same period last year.
- UGG brand sales increased 37.7% to $568.5 million compared to $412.8 million for the same period last year.
- Teva brand sales increased 45.9% to $19.4 million compared to $13.3 million for the same period last year.
- International sales increased 178.6% to $147.6 million compared to $53.0 million for the same period last year.
- Domestic sales increased 21.0% to $456.3 million compared to $377.1 million for the same period last year.
- Retail sales increased 36.5% to $98.8 million compared to $72.4 million for the same period last year.
- eCommerce sales increased 12.6% to $67.1 million compared to $59.5 million for the same period last year.
“Our fourth quarter results exceeded expectations and were the highest in the history of the Company for sales and profitability,” stated Angel Martinez, President, Chief Executive Officer and Chair of the Board of Directors. “UGG brand sales once again grew at a robust pace during the holidays, fueling our record performance and easily pushing annual sales for the UGG brand above $1 billion for the first time. We are very pleased with the UGG brand results, particularly the growing diversity of the sales mix in terms of product collections, distribution channels, and geographies.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV