Extension of what we call the operating excellence model that has been in place at Power's nuclear fleet has been applied to the operational Power's fossil fleet, which resulted in improved availability and record generation. The availability of 3,200 megawatts of natural gas combined cycle capacity overcame weakness in our coal-fired generation, once again highlighting both the benefits of the fleet's fuel diversity and our efforts to run the fleet with the maximum efficiency.
Our employees performed heroically in responding to 2 of the most devastating storms in PSE&G's history. an accomplishment that was saluted by state and municipal officials, as well as customers, demonstrating what we have seen so many times before, that our people remain the foundation of our success.
In the face of lower natural gas prices, we are not standing still. We made significant progress in our capital programs, investing $2.1 billion in 2011 as we near completion of 400 megawatts of new peaking capacity in New Jersey and Connecticut while major transmission projects that will modernize the Northeast grid remain on track for service in 2014 and 2015.
Our $750 million Susquehanna-Roseland transmission project, which we are building in conjunction with PPL Energy is scheduled to be in-service in June of 2015. Our other major transmission projects, North Central Reliability and Northeast Grid Reliability are undergoing siding approval and is scheduled to be in-service in 2014 and 2015 respectively.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV