DETROIT TheStreet) -- Toyota (TM) may have had a difficult year in 2011, but the J.D. Power 2012 dependability study provides an indication of why the Japanese automaker has such an enviable reputation.
In the recently released study, which considered 2009 vehicles, Toyota came out ahead of its competitors. The Toyota, Lexus and Scion nameplates won eight segment awards, while Ford (F), along with Lincoln, was second with three awards.
|The Ford Explorer tied for best midsize crossover in the latest J.D. Power rankings.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV