5 Safest Cities for Allergy Sufferers
BOSTON (MainStreet) -- Relocating to one of the communities on a new list of "America's Least Congested Cities" could be a real breath of fresh air for consumers who suffer from allergies or other breathing problems.
"I've been told stories of peoples' lives being infinitely changed for the better [by moving to a new city and] being able to breathe again," says Bert Sperling of Sperling's Best Places, which recently teamed up with Breathe Right Nasal Strips to compile the list. "Allergies can take a terrible toll on our quality of life."
Sperling analyzed the 50 largest U.S. cities for roughly a dozen congestion-producing factors, from ragweed and ozone levels to wind speed and other climate conditions that spread allergens.Here's a rundown of the five communities the study found have the least problems with congestion -- along with a look at each city's local economy and housing market. Home values listed below reflect asking prices on Realtor.com, the National Association of Realtors' official property-listing site. Price ranges refer to all houses, condos and townhouses listed on the site inside a given city and within about 20 miles of its borders.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV