Liberty Interactive (LINTA) is a holding company, and through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the video and online commerce, media, communications and entertainment industries. The stock is trading up 3.3% at $18.58 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 13.9 millionAverage Volume: 3.5 million Volume % Change: 522% Shares of LINTA are moving nicely to the upside today after the company said it plans to recapitalize into two tracking stocks. From a technical perspective, LINTA is starting to flirt with a major breakout trade today since the stock has challenged some past overhead resistance at $18.65 on monster volume. Briefly, shares of LINTA traded as high as $19.07, but it has since pulled back to its current price near $18.50. Traders should look for long biased trades in LINTA if the stock is trending above that key breakout level of $18.65 with strong upside volume. Big bets on LINTA come from Daniel Loeb's Third Point, which added 1 million shares of the stock in the fourth quarter for a total position of 3 million, and Jana Partners, which owned nearly 4 million shares as of Dec. 31. Follow @stockpickr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV