Each of the stocks received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
The online marketplace owns online payment service PayPal."We believe PayPal will continue to grow 25%+, making it eBay's largest business by 2014 and sustaining overall mid-teen revenue growth, in contrast to consensus expectations for decelerating growth," Wedbush analysts wrote in a Feb. 14 report. Shares of eBay hit a 52-week high Thursday of $36.15. The stock's 52-week low of $26.86 was set on Aug. 19. eBay has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 13.42. For comparison, Google (GOOG) has a lower forward P/E of 12.15; Amazon's (AMZN) forward P/E is 44.66. Twenty-two of the 35 analysts who cover eBay rated it buy. Twelve analysts gave it a hold rating and one rated it sell. TheStreet Ratings gives eBay an A grade with a $39.86 price target. The stock has risen 18% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV