Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communications products and services, announced today that it has promoted William Strahan to Executive Vice President of Human Resources for Comcast Cable. Mr. Strahan previously served as Senior Vice President of Human Resources for Comcast Cable and has responsibility for all aspects of Human Resources, including talent, compensation, benefits, Comcast University, and employee and labor relations. He reports to Neil Smit, Chief Executive Officer of Comcast Cable.
William Strahan promoted to Executive Vice President of Human Resources for Comcast Cable. (Photo: Comcast)
“Bill has done a terrific job overseeing our human resources function,” said Mr. Smit. “He is widely respected throughout Comcast for his deep knowledge and experience in HR and has done a great job in helping drive improvements in our customer experience, focusing on training and employee engagement.”
Mr. Strahan joined Comcast Cable in 2006 as Vice President of Compensation and Benefits and was promoted to Senior Vice President in 2009. In 2010, he was elevated from that role to oversee Human Resources. Prior to joining Comcast Cable, Mr. Strahan spent nine years as a consultant and manager at Mercer HR Consulting where he was a benefits consultant for Fortune 100 companies. Before that, he practiced law in Washington, D.C., in the area of Compensation and Benefits – mostly in the context of mergers and acquisitions and in initial public offerings. He also held positions at Riggs Bank, Citizen’s Bank, and Macy's Department Stores.
Mr. Strahan holds a B.A. in Religion from Villanova University; a Certificate in Employee Benefit Administration from Georgetown University; and a Juris Doctorate from the George Mason University School of Law. He is an active member of the Virginia State Bar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV