CARTHAGE, Mo., Feb. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- First quarter dividend is $.28 per share, an increase of 3.7% versus 1Q 2011.
- Indicated dividend yield is 5.1%, based upon yesterday's closing price.
- Dividends have increased for 41 consecutive years at more than a 13% compound growth rate.
Leggett & Platt's Board of Directors announced a dividend of $.28 per share for the first quarter, a 3.7% increase versus the dividend declared in the first quarter 2011. The dividend will be paid on April 13, 2012 to shareholders of record on March 15, 2012.A member of Standard & Poor's Dividend Aristocrats, Leggett & Platt has increased its annual dividend for 41 consecutive years at an average compound growth rate of over 13%, a record extremely few S&P 500 companies have attained. FOR MORE INFORMATION: Visit Leggett's website at www.leggett.com. COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) is a diversified manufacturer (and member of the S&P 500) that conceives, designs and produces a broad variety of engineered components and products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. The company serves a broad suite of customers that comprise a "Who's Who" of U.S. manufacturers and retailers. The 129-year-old firm is comprised of 20 business units, 18,000 employee-partners, and 130 manufacturing facilities located in 18 countries. Leggett & Platt is the leading U.S. manufacturer of: a) components for residential furniture and bedding; b) office furniture components; c) drawn steel wire; d) automotive seat support and lumbar systems; e) carpet underlay; f) adjustable bed bases; and g) bedding industry machinery. CONTACT: Investor Relations, (417) 358-8131 or email@example.com David M. DeSonier, Senior Vice President of Strategy and Investor Relations Susan R. McCoy, Staff Vice President of Investor Relations
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV