Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC) today announced it will donate $1.2 million in grants, through its Welcome Home program, to 20 housing nonprofits across California. The funds are dedicated to organizations that will provide counseling assistance on a variety of housing-related issues to low-to-moderate income people from hard-hit communities; some resources are committed to statewide nonprofits that develop affordable housing. In aggregate, the nonprofits receiving counseling grants will offer 4,565 homebuyer education sessions, 4,274 foreclosure prevention sessions and 850 sessions for post-home purchase, rental housing and credit counseling.
“With these targeted grants, Wells Fargo aims to help people in hard-hit communities prepare for home ownership, prevent foreclosures, or transition to stable housing,” said Lisa Stevens, executive vice president and regional president of Wells Fargo’s West Coast Regional Bank. “A home is the foundation for families and communities. We are working to be part of the solution for families with housing needs.”
The $1.2 million in grants will be shared across the following 20 nonprofits in California:
- BRIDGE Housing Corporation, San Francisco (for services throughout Calif.)
- California Housing Partnership Corporation, San Francisco (for services in Los Angeles County)
- California Human Development Corporation, Santa Rosa
- Clearpoint Financial Solutions, Inc., Richmond, Va. (for services throughout Calif.)
- Coachella Valley Housing Coalition, Indio
- Community Housing Council of Fresno, Fresno
- Community Housingworks, San Diego
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Orange County, Santa Ana
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service of San Francisco, San Francisco
- Family Self-Sufficiency Corps, Inc., Fresno
- Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco, San Francisco
- Jamboree Housing Corporation, Irvine (for services throughout Calif.)
- Korean Churches for Community Development, Los Angeles
- Lao Family Community Development, Inc., Oakland
- Mercy Housing California, San Francisco (for services throughout Calif.)
- Money Management International, Inc., Concord
- Pacific Community Services, Inc., Pittsburg
- Project Sentinel, Inc., Sunnyvale (for services in San Mateo, Santa Clara and Stanislaus Counties)
- Sacramento Neighborhood Housing Services, Inc., Sacramento
- The Unity Council, Oakland
This is the inaugural funding commitment for California from the newly created Welcome Home program. Wells Fargo plans to continue to fund organizations that help families overcome hardships associated with their housing needs, and puts them on a path to housing stability.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV