Northern Trust (Nasdaq: NTRS), a leading provider of financial services for institutions, affluent individuals and families, announced today that it was named the 2011 Pro Bono Corporate Partner of the Year by the Center for Disability & Elder Law (CDEL) for its pro bono legal efforts through the CDEL Senior Center Initiative.
More than a dozen legal professionals from Northern Trust worked with CDEL to give low-income seniors the opportunity to learn about, prepare and complete important advance directives such as powers of attorney and living wills. Partnering with attorneys from a prominent Chicago law firm, Northern Trust volunteers conducted free workshops at senior centers.
To participate, Northern Trust lawyers completed a training session conducted by Thomas Wendt, Chief Legal Officer of CDEL. “Northern Trust has been an ideal partner for CDEL, providing great expertise in our advance directives initiative. Our partnership has allowed us to provide needed services to our core clientele. Northern Trust is truly a great corporate citizen and we’re fortunate to have them as a partner,” Wendt said.
Northern Trust was honored by CDEL at this year’s Winter Awards Benefit, which was hosted by the law firm of Baker & McKenzie LLP in Chicago on Feb. 22.“Northern Trust is proud that legal professionals throughout our organization have participated in this unique and important pro bono initiative,” Northern Trust Assistant General Counsel Dale Nichols said. “We’d like to thank CDEL for giving us the opportunity to use our legal expertise to make an impact on the lives of low-income seniors. We look forward to continuing our participation in the program in 2012.” Northern Trust has been consistently recognized for corporate excellence. Recent awards include:
- "Top Companies for Executive Women" for the last four years – National Association for Female Executives
- “100 Best Companies” for the last twenty years – Working Mother Magazine
- "50 Best Companies for Latinas" for the last five years – Latina Style Magazine
- “Top 5 Overall Companies” – National Association of Asian American Professionals’ 2011 Best Places for Asians to Work
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV