Republican Campaigns Debate Behind the Debate
Gingrich's campaign delayed its first email slam until 9:14 p.m., with about 45 minutes left in the debate.
But unlike Paul's and Romney's carefully crafted assaults, Gingrich's camp simply sent a copy of a
Boston Globe article that
The Santorum campaign, still running on a tight budget, did not send any emails, which made the former senator the only candidate without a voice in the email circus.
After the debate finished around 10 p.m., Romney delivered three more emails -- all focused on politicians who supported him -- while Gingrich sent a duplicate of his first email that quoted the Boston Globe.Total tally of opposition emails received by this reporter during the debate: Romney, 10; Paul, three; Gingrich, three. Targeted in the debate: Santorum, eight times; Romney, three times. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. >Follow Joe Deaux on Twitter. Subscribe on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV