Apple is notoriously secretive about its product plans, helping to build anticipation for its latest, greatest, gadgets. After Steve Jobs passed away last year, many wondered whether there was a product strategy already in place to keep Apple ahead of rivals such as HP (HPQ), Google (GOOG), and Dell (DELL) in consumers' hearts and wallets.
Set against this backdrop, rumors of a new Apple TV technology have swirled for months. Cook seemed to hint that Apple may be expanding its living room strategy at the recent Goldman Sachs investor event.Rumors are also rife that the company will launch the third iPad in the coming weeks. This would be in addition to the iPhone refresh expected later this year, as well as any other as-yet announced product refreshes. In reality, Apple will probably not reveal any future product plans at the shareholder meeting, but it may try to assuage investors' fears that the company could run out of ideas anytime soon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV